PBGEN RHODERICK C ARMAMENTO, Director of PNPA emphasized his strategic plans in a 3-year program thrusts for PNPA in his speech during the recently concluded turn-over ceremony last November 8, 2020.
He seeks for a dynamic PNPA that can contribute to the PNP’s aspiration of having a capable, effective and credible police service, working in partnership with a responsive community towards the attainment of a safer Philippines to live, work and do business even in the midst of the new normal.
The 11 strategic plans embodied in the proposed 3-year program thrusts by the new Director are as follows:
- CRAFT 30 YEARS DEVELOPMENT PLAN (PANATA 2050)
- To make his/her alma mater a world-class academic institution of excellence;
- A Lakan promises that PNPA will be proud of him/her as a product of the Academy.
- ESTABLISHING THE CORPS OF PROFESSOR SYSTEM ANCHORED IN BY LAW
- DBM approved item, manning chart, inspiring career development program;
- Incorporates the reward and incentive benefits.
- CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT(Responsive to the changing dynamics of policing, involving stakeholders in the Academe)
- Core competencies focused curriculum (what we expect of the cadets as PLT/FINSP/JINSP);
- Focused on Policing, Law and Civil Affairs and a few on Tactics and Internal Police Operations;
- To make the cadets to be:
- Mature individual;
- Critical thinker that can readily analyze situation and respond to it;
- Has excellent negotiation skills, analytical and friendly; that he/she can IDENTIFY PROBLEMS of the community together with the stakeholder;
- He can bridge the gap as a bridging leader, and through this he can effectively implement the CSOP system (Community and Service Oriented Policing).
- STRENGTHENING HONOR CODE SYSTEM
- Honing the character and values of each cadet.
- INSTITUTIONALIZING SYSTEMS AND PROCEDURES
- Includes review of manuals (operational and administrative manual, Cadet drills and ceremonies manual creating a PNPA CADET DRILLS RULE of its own creating our identity)
- REVISITING MASTER CAMP DEVELOPMENT PLAN
- Soliciting assistance, reengineer the plan and requesting support from stakeholder/experts.
- MORE FACILITIES DEVELOPMENT
- More facilities to put up;
- Visit of generous stakeholders who signified intentions to help in the development of facilities to make PNPA a premier educational and training institution by 2030.
- CONDUCT OF EXCHANGE VISIT
- Exchange visit with other police academy in Asia, Europe, USA to know and learn how they do things, making our cadets abreast to changing time.
- MORE CORPS OF CADETS PARTICIPATION IN VARIOUS COMPETITIONS IN THE ACADEMY AND OUTSIDE CAMP CASTANEDA
- CREATION OF PNPA EDUCATION MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM
- System to store cadets’ data while they are still studying and linking it with PNP/BJMP/BFP PAIS to monitor the progress of each alumni.
- REITERATION ON THE “NO TO HAZING POLICY”
- Hazing is a crime, no one is above the law.
Gen Armamento further lamented that under his leadership, he seeks for PNPA to continuously evolve, for the institution to always level-up and should always adapt to the ever-changing world. He aims for PNPA na magkaroon ng “SARILING PAGKAKAKILANLAN”.
Lastly, to align his strategic plans with the PNP PATROL Plan 2030, he seeks to employ a strategy map and a scorecard to guide every actions for Team PNPA to move forward in the 5-year transition plan. To formulate clear objective, identify appropriate measures, targets and initiatives and to tap potential all stakeholder’s collaboration as a source of new ideas, synergy and added support to make PNPA the premier learning institution in South East Asia.